Monday, May 23, 2011

7 months old ~ Growing up too fast!

Here are some pictures of Logan at 7 months old & one of Logan & Alexa together.
2011-05-21 12011-05-21 3 2011-05-21 42011-05-21 2   2011-05-21 5

It amazes me how fast time seems to be flying by! I am so thankful I have the privilege of being home for every moment of my children’s day ~ I honestly could not ask for anything more. When I think of all the things I missed out on with Alexa it pains me to know that I won’t ever get those moments back. I am so incredibly blessed to be able to be there for every first Logan has as well as see Alexa grow & learn so much each day right before my eyes. Its become all to real to me how quickly things change in the first few years of a child’s life.

Here’s a picture that shows Logan at 2 weeks old (11-6-10), at 5 weeks (11-27-10) and at 7 months old.
Logan

He has grown & changed so much in such a short time. I still can hardly believe he’s 7 months old already - I feel like if I blink he’ll be a year, running around & talking and that all just seems so unreal - he’s my baby after all!

I was watching Alexa & Logan play on the floor together (as they spend most of their days doing) when I witnessed something that will become all to common I’m afraid: Logan was sitting in a pile of his toys playing nicely. Alexa was a good 2 arms length (my arms) away from him playing with her mini doll house & toys. Logan apparently became bored with his own toys & wanted Alexa’s. So he leaned all the way down to the floor (he is WAY more flexible than I am) and stretched his little arm out & luckily for him Alexa had left a small toy chair within that reach. He snatched it up & began playing with it, proud of his accomplishment. Shortly after that Alexa realized he had it. “Mom! He has my chair!!!!” she tells me in a desperate sort of way as if her world had just come to and end.

After fixing the situation I began telling her that she needed to be careful from now on how close to him she’s playing with her toys with small parts (choking hazardous type toys) if she doesn’t want him to get them…and that’s when I realized it.

Everything would soon be changing! My easy, carefree way of having me-time (kids playing on the floor in front of me while I can do things on the computer or read my material for bible study, etc) was about to end. Logan will soon be MOBILE! My baby boy won’t be a little infant anymore. He’ll soon be crawling, then pulling up on things, and then walking! What will I do? (:S) I don’t think I’m ready for that yet! I have a feeling that, unlike Alexa who was content to stay put most of the time, Logan is going to want to chase after his sister & the dog constantly. Will I ever sit down again? Oh boy! Anybody have a pause button for life? I could sure use one right about now!

No comments:

Post a Comment