Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Random word picture & a reminder I need to keep in front of me!

We’re reading the book of Job for a bible study I’m in and these thoughts keep reoccurring for me -- its just a simple random earthly word picture I thought of that I personally found helpful. I in NO way think God is at our earthy human level or incapable of doing all things -- I acknowledge fully that he is Almighty & Sovereign. With that said I still liked this picture:

We often doubt God’s love for us when we think that blessings are “lacking” when trials are overwhelming us.

Instead think of it like this: imagine a person whose responsibility is to watch over us and care for us. When trials aren’t surrounding us, they have the time to throw out blessings -- give us the big things like homes, cars, jobs, children, health, wealth, beauty, and the little things and so on and on. When trials come our way and that person sees our need then they step in to help us. He carries us, wipes up our tears, holds us up, protects us, fights off our attackers,  strengthens us, nurses our illnesses, encourages us, and so on. He’s too busy helping us make it through our trials to continue handing out those frivolous, earthly, unnecessary blessings at those moments. Instead he’s blessings us by keeping us alive! By wiping our tears. By lifting us up. (you get the idea) Maybe at those moments we should change our definition of “blessings”. Our life is a blessing. Or even better yet -- the eternal gift of abiding with God in eternity -- he is even now preparing a place for us with him in heaven. What greater blessing could we want?

I don’t mean that God isn’t all-powerful, all-knowing, and completely capable of handling all the world’s problems for all his children at the exact same time -- I know and believe that to be true. But in our fallen, sinful, skewed world-view perhaps we need to take the blinders off and open our eyes to the truest forms of blessings God has granted us -- the forgiveness of every last one of our sins and the promise of eternal life with him in glory. What greater blessing could we ask for? 

 

Enough wordy posts :) I promise - next time will be a post including pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment