Wow does life seem like its all about babies right now. And I'm not just talking about the cute & cuddly ones either.
Everywhere I look around me there are babies. A dear friend of mine and my daughter's babysitter, had a baby girl 3 weeks ago. Another dear friend just had a baby boy this week. My sister is expecting her third child & first baby boy in about two months.
My own little baby thinks she's big stuff now & she tries to convince her mom that she's growing up & is a big girl at only 9 months old! Silly girl learned how to crawl only about 3 weeks ago & already wants to stand on her own, walk around furniture, & attempts to walk with just one of my fingers instead of two! She has also learned, however, how to turn on the water works when she doesn't want to do something or have something done to her. Oh how smart such small children can be! Anyway - here are a few pictures of my baby...
Then of course, there are the adults who act like babies. I have several of these in my life but I probably better not name them! Lets just say when they don't hear things they like, the walk away or do a really good job of using their selective hearing ability. But then again, if we're honest, lets face it, we all do act like a baby from time to time. After all isn't it tempting to think if we just throw a big old hissy fit that we might just get what we want or get things our way? If only. I would love for life to be that simple. Unfortanetly, or perhaps quite fortunately, we can't just stomp our feet or cry our eyes out or do any other child-like tendency & pitch a fit to get our way. We have to accept that first all things might not ever go "our" way - - unless of course "our" way is the Lord's way.
One of the hardest lessons in life and one I struggle with almost daily is that truth - unless we align ourselves with His will for our lives we will never get things "our" way. For those of you planners out there like me, how often do we figure everything out perfectly, make this neat pretty plan only to have "life" throw us a curve ball? If you're me, FREQUENTLY! :) And that's okay. I've learned that some of the best things if life were the curve balls thrown into my perfect little plans.
If I have learned anything the last year it is that no matter what happens in our lives, good or bad, the only thing we can plan on & count on is that the Lord is in control and that nothing, I repeat NOTHING, happens apart from His will. Amazing & completely calming thought isn't it?
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
No comments:
Post a Comment