Friday, April 15, 2011

Trip to Wisconsin

So last week Thursday I loaded up both kids and my mom and we took off for my sister Anne’s house in Sheboygan, WI. After about 8 hours of traveling with only a few stops we arrived in one piece.

Logan slept almost the whole way there and when he wasn’t sleeping he did a great job of just playing with his toys and amusing himself. Alexa loved using Grandma’s DVD player to watch Curious George and Veggie Tales movies and after some coaxing, she finally fell asleep for a short nap too!

The only unexpected moment of the trip was due to my stupidity - I apparently was in too big of a rush changing Logan’s diaper & cleaning out my bottle stuff at the gas station bathroom that I inadvertently left my wallet (which contains everything necessary to steal my identity) behind. After getting back on the road for about 20 minutes I realized I’d forgotten it, we stopped & searched the car & then had to travel on to the next exit in order to turn around and head back to the gas station. Providentially a couple of girls had found the wallet & given it to the guy behind the counter who was about to call the police before we walked in to retrieve it! Thank goodness for kind people!

We were able to enjoy Sheboygan Christian’s annual potato bake on Thursday night, Grandma went to Grandparents Day on Friday, and we all went to their fundraiser concert on Saturday night. It was a fun-filled and relaxing weekend and we all truly enjoyed spending some time together. Alexa especially loved being catered to by her older cousins!

CIMG0102

 CIMG0104 CIMG0105

 

 

 

 

 

 CIMG0108CIMG0106

No comments:

Post a Comment