Sunday is Father’s Day & I can’t help but once again think about the amazing, loving, understanding, and most importantly most Christian Father that I was blessed to have 24 years with. My Dad was a one-of-a-kind man. He had a passion for the Lord unlike any I have ever been privileged to witness. I don’t think a week goes by where I don’t find myself missing the ability to reference his knowledge or pick his brain about anything remotely scriptural. I am thrilled that I at least have the ability to hear his voice anytime I want to - I know so many others who have lost loved ones do not have that option. He was also the most loving father I could have ever asked for. Anytime I need a shoulder to cry on, and ear to listen, or just someone to spend some time with he was always there, if not in person then over the phone or via skype. I miss being able to just pick up the phone & call him & hear his thoughts. I often find myself missing his hugs - he was the best at just draping an arm over my shoulders wherever we were & just sort of being there!
Perhaps my biggest way of missing him is in watching my children grow up & change. He had a huge heart for his grandchildren & loved them so fully! I wish they could have known & felt that love. His grandchildren lit up his world in so many ways & he loved playing, laughing, and just spending time with them. I find great comfort in Alexa looking at a few pictures of him with her in his arms & she often tells me, “Mom, Grandpa Fennema is in Heaven right?” Not sure if she understands that all yet because she often asks me if when he comes back from Heaven if she can play with him again…
Anyway this is probably getting too long but I wanted to take a moment this week & remember the great & amazing man that was my Father. He will always be loved & missed!
No comments:
Post a Comment