Saturday, June 23, 2012

Moments like these…

So after 7 years of marriage (tomorrow) all I wanted for our anniversary was a full day to myself to hard-core clean our house from top to bottom. About an hour after I'd started, (with 2 interruptions from Alexa wanting breakfast and Logan wanting to help, Micah comes to the bathroom where I’m cleaning and tells me he's leaving to help a friend. I asked where the kids were and he replied that they were on the bench in the kitchen waiting to wave goodbye to him. *(Can you tell they’re used to Daddy running all over instead of being around the house?) Smile

I was in the middle of scrubbing the shower and floor so I kept going. When I finished (about 10 minutes later) I went upstairs to see what "mess" my kids had gotten into -- the house was creepily quiet. As I got upstairs I was feeling VERY afraid -- when my children are quiet…well lets just say I haven’t had the best experiences when I find them! I rounded the corner of the kitchen and still didn’t see them. I cautiously approached the living room where I could here cartoons playing on the TV. Here’s what I found:
CIMG1280
Smile YES!!! I have never been SO happy & so relieved at the same time! It was adorable - they were sitting side by side, holding smarties and chap stick that they’d “stolen” from the diaper bag, but none the less they were quiet, happy, and not doing anything but watching TV! All I can say is after the last few weeks - it was a MUCH NEEDED moment! :)

Now to put Logan down for his nap so I can get back to cleaning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment