Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pictures of the latest incident…

These (in my opinion) hardly show the damage done to her legs, feet, hands, clothes, the carpet, and the chair…the poor lighting combined with the sparkly polish makes it rather hard to see on camera but trust me - in person it was very noticeable…even if I hadn’t smelled the disaster I certainly would have seen it!

CIMG1257 CIMG1260 CIMG1261 CIMG1262 CIMG1264 CIMG1265

The other thing that I don’t understand is how this keeps happening when I’m alone with the kids…granted that’s pretty much 95% of the time…but still! When Micah is alone with the kids he’s typically watching Fox News, surfing the internet, mowing the lawn, or watching whatever sports is on TV and letting the kids have free rain, basically unsupervised fun throughout the house. When I’m alone with the kids (all day & usually most nights) I’m playing with them, building towers, reading books, coloring, playing with cars or houses or Barbies or babies…usually interacting with them on a constant basis. I don’t watch TV until after they’re in bed for the night (if even then lately) I don’t go on my computer except during nap time or when they’re off playing with some other friends. I try and save laundry and cooking for during naps or after I have them safely, fully involved, playing with something. Yet this happens on my watch! What oh what am I doing wrong? Or is the perfectly normal, typical behavior? Do all kids hit an early age where they try & break all the rules they already know? Test all the limits and boundaries? Ignore protests and instructions to stop? Is this a phase? Is this a permanent behavior? Will these questions ever stop swimming in my head???  

No comments:

Post a Comment